“Mariovo – self-guided tours”
Promotional tours within the project Rural Adventure through the Mariovo region, part of the Municipality of Novaci.
- Visit of Monastery St. Athanasius near village Staravina, where visitors have the whole Mariovo region „on the palm of their hand„.
- Visit of Gradeshnica village, the native village of Itar Pejo, representative of the Macedonian joking wisdom. Here visitors will be divided into two groups and will visit two different tours – biking and walking tour.
- Biking tour – The Story of Kalesh Angja
- Walking tour – Gradeshnica village
- Visit of Zovich village and the “Movie Bridge” on Gradeshka river
- Lunch at the Ethno house “At the Bridge”
08:45 – Departure from Novaci village, towards Mariovo region – (Location: Municipality building) (Open map on Google…)
09:45-10.15 – Visit of the monastery St. Athanasius near village Staravina (Open the route on Google Maps…)
10:30 – Arrival at Gradeshnica village (Open the route on Google Maps…), where the visitors will be divided in two groups/tours
10:30-12:30 – Group 1 – Biking tour – The story of Kalesh Angja and “Peshta” Fortress (approx. 2 hours) (Link to download the tour from izi.Travel…)
10:30-12:30 – Group 2 – Walking tour – Gradeshnica village Mariovo (approx. 2 hours) (Link to download the tour from izi.Travel…)
13:00 – Visit of Zovich village (Open the route on Google Maps…) and the Movie bridge on Gradeshka River
13:30 Lunch at the Ethno house “At the Bridge”
16:00 – End of program
Transport and Road info
Transportation from Bitola by mini bus is provided for the participants.
If someone wants to travel with their own vehicle, please have in mind:
- Gradeshnica village is 52 km away from Bitola. The road is asphalted, but on some sections narrow with reduced visibility due to the dense vegetation.
- Special care is recommended while driving.
- There are low branches on some places, which you must keep in mind if you are transporting bicycles.
- Total length of the route – departure and return to Bitola is 112 km. There are no gas stations in Mariovo.