“Mariovo – self-guided tours”
Promotional tours within the project Rural Adventure through the Mariovo region, part of the Municipality of Novaci.
- Visit of Monastery St. Athanasius near village Staravina, where visitors have the whole Mariovo region „on the palm of their hand„.
- Visit of Gradeshnica village, the native village of Itar Pejo, representative of the Macedonian joking wisdom. Here visitors will be divided into two groups and will visit two different tours – biking and walking tour.
- Biking tour – The Story of Kalesh Angja
- Walking tour – Gradeshnica village
- Visit of Zovich village and the “Movie Bridge” on Gradeshka river
- Lunch at the Ethno house “At the Bridge”
08:45 – Departure from Novaci village, towards Mariovo region – (Location: Municipality building) (Open map on Google…)
09:45-10.15 – Visit of the monastery St. Athanasius near village Staravina (Open the route on Google Maps…)
10:30 – Arrival at Gradeshnica village (Open the route on Google Maps…), where the visitors will be divided in two groups/tours
10:30-12:30 – Group 1 – Biking tour – The story of Kalesh Angja and “Peshta” Fortress (approx. 2 hours) (Link to download the tour from izi.Travel…)
10:30-12:30 – Group 2 – Walking tour – Gradeshnica village Mariovo (approx. 2 hours) (Link to download the tour from izi.Travel…)
13:00 – Visit of Zovich village (Open the route on Google Maps…) and the Movie bridge on Gradeshka River
13:30 Lunch at the Ethno house “At the Bridge”
16:00 – End of program
Transport and Road info
- Gradeshnica village is 52 km away from Bitola. The road is asphalted, but on some sections narrow with reduced visibility due to the dense vegetation.
- Special care is recommended while driving.
- There are low branches on some places, which you must keep in mind if you are transporting bicycles.
- Total length of the route – departure and return to Bitola is 112 km. There are no gas stations in Mariovo.