Budimirci Village - Mariovo
According to the legend, the village Budimirci in the past was stretched on two popular locations known as Lower and Upper Budimirci.
The population there dealt with animal husbandry andthe cattleoften ran away on the place of the today’s village, due to the springs of water and the favourable climate conditions. So, gradually the people inhabited the today’s location on both places and the location today was the one that was formed into village.
The name of the village comes from the ancient Slavonic name Budimir (“be” + “peace”) which could also mean “awakening of peace” or “being in peace”.
In 1961, 521 people lived in the village Budimirci, out of who today have remained less than 10 permanent citizens. The church holiday is Peter’s Day (27th October).
In the village there is a temple of St. Nicholas Wonderworker (1875-78) and the temple of St. Demetrius in the past village of Trnovo. In the vicinity of the village, the Belica River flows, which because of its colour and purity represents a real attraction for the nature lovers and a refreshment place for the locals.